Attachments and External links are a great way to keep all information together in one place in your book and run a paperless bookkeeping.
You can add multiple files to transactions, so you and your peers can easily contextualize a transaction in the way that's best for you.
You can upload any file type with a maximum attachment size of 20MB. There is no limitation on the total number of attachments added by a user to any book. Each row on files uploaded with the extensions .txt, .csv and ofx will be converted into a transaction.
Important: Image files with the extensions .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .gif, .webp and .pdf files will be attached to the transaction and will be rendered on your browser within your book. All other file types are not rendered on your browser within your book and can be downloaded.
You can also upload files to your preferred cloud storage, such as Google Drive, Drop Box, etc. and add the external link in the description of your transaction to access the file from your posted transaction.
How to add attachment?
1) Click on the paperclip on the input and follow the upload flow.
2) Attach files on the gray form section. This action will automatically create a transaction and all files will be part of it.
3) Record new entries by dropping files into the white space below the transaction list. Each file will become one new draft.
4) Add attachments to existing transactions by dropping one or more files on the transaction where you want to add the files.
Where ever you drop an OFX or CSV file all entries in the file will be recorded as individual drafts.
- To remove, click on the "X". You can delete attachments and the activities will show who deleted what files in the transaction history.
2) To insert more files in the same transaction, click on the paperclip.
Click on the paperclip on the transaction and the attachment pops up.
External links (URL)
Add external links, to keep reference of other information related to a transaction. You can add more than one link to a transaction.
Add External Links
Copy the URL on the input field and record the transaction. Currently it is not possible to edit or delete external links.
Click on the external link icon on the transaction and it opens on a new tab.
- You can add both an attachment and external links to Transactions.
- Cellphone Transactions are recorded with a geo reference link.