Grouping accounts into meaningful entities, such as Assets or Payables makes it easier to analyse and report financial statements. Groups hold both the individual Balance values per account as well as the total balance value of all accounts within it.
- On the left menu, select "New group".
- Name your group.
- Press Save.
- On the left menu, drag and drop an account into a group.
If you want to duplicate your account in multiple groups, just drag and drop it in the group you want. If you want to move your account from a group to another, press the Shift button and proceed to drag and drop.
You can also group your accounts on Chart of Accounts.
- Groups that contain just one account type will behave in the same way as that type of account.
- Groups that contain more than one account type are colored grey.
- Accounts can be grouped in any number of groups.
- Accounts of the Asset and Liability types can be grouped together but cannot be grouped with Incoming and Outgoing types. (Balance sheet).
- Accounts of the Income and Outgoing types can be grouped together but cannot be grouped with Asset and Liability types. (Financial Statement).